Wednesday, March 7, 2007

the previews have always been my favorite part...

i was gonna wait to start this whole 'blogging' business. i was gonna wait until i was in a picture perfect setting...in a cabin in estes park, CO. i was gonna wait until the large, mystical voice of God started booming through this puny, pink puffy brain, explaining in a flash the grand mysteries of life. i was gonna wait until my current character and my soon-to-be character were hyperbolic versions of each other. i was gonna wait until i started to see real live miracles, near death experiences on mountain tops...i was gonna wait until it seemed the journey had really begun.


why blog if the trip hasn't started?

but....has the journey begun?

i mean, i've been thinking and sleeping and eating and breathing this 'faith adventure' for weeks. at the very least, the starting gate should have a gun going off and voices screaming encouragement as a sign that i'm on the way!

but maybe...maybe the journey HAS begun.

while my sitting in my parents house in san antonio may not be a picture perfect setting, and there is no ominous James Earl Jones voice haunting my thoughts, i do have a peace that surpasses human understanding and the sweet whisper of the Spirit more than compensates. His Word may still remain a mystery in more ways than a million, but He has given me my 'bread' for today.

a dear friend* emailed me these words:

Be assured our God will both show you Himself in this time – and then at the right time, will point you to what comes next. It’s always a “to be continued thing” with Him, is it not? And the continuation rests entirely on this rest in Him that really is foreign to our linear minds. Which makes it all the more sweet once we get that and let Him move us – no, sweep us – into the current of what turns out to be an amazing sort of grace...


i can't say it better than my eloquent beautiful friend. my heart rests today in being 'swept up' in this amazing sort of grace...

so while my mind still thinks there should be neon signs, flashing lights and little men in black suits with flashlights pointing the way to my seat to watch this whole thing unfold**...i'm content to walk in the commonality of today...sucking the marrow out of the moments He is allowing...thanking Him for His gentle provision and resting. yes my friends, i am resting. in Him...

praying for His foreign rest to become my norm...

love you.

annetta


*EH
**do i not even get previews? they're my favorite part!

p.s. Mary took this pic of the texas sky...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am totally blown away! Only God knew that you would be taking many of us along on this spiritual journey.
r