Tuesday, November 25, 2008

His Economy

For two months, I've been living in an uber sweet pad, 15 minutes from work. There's a security guard 24/7. There's also an amazing running trail around a picturesque, almost-italian canal and lake that feeds into a safe section of woods. It's really quite stunning. The balcony overlooks a beautiful section of the city...the apartment's fully-furnished with a comfy bed...Stay with me here, there's a point! I've been living here, in this $1200/month apartment, just paying utilities. So the Father picks out a $1400/month deal for me and gets it for $200. And it has been the perfect safe place for me the past few months. I needed a place to get my feet under me; to escape all the other voices and listen to His. So, He provided this place for me...

THEN, when the girl decided to break her lease, I thought, "Oh no! I'll never find something this nice for this cheap. Sad, I was really enjoying the space and solitude, etc." BUT. I was surprised again...He opened up a bedroom and bath, rent-free in the house of a friend of a friend. An uber nice house I might want to add. And they have a great running trail and lake complete with fountain as well. When I was moving in last night, I had 3 guy friends helping carry in stuff...as we walked past the mom, she said, "No way! Jared!" Turns out they're buddies from a church he used to play for...and I was worried that my friends wouldn't come hang because I'm living in some random folks house...

Isn't it amazing how you think there's no way He could beat the goodness He's already gifted you with and then He jumps in and goes above and beyond what you were hoping for?!?

No comments: