Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Discovery Zone

A friend and I were talking last week about some of the basic engagements of men...he was saying that a major action is to discover. E.g., Adam spent his first days naming animals to discover that not one of them was suitable for him. God didn't tell him in advance, he just let him discover it. Makes me think of Isaac, my 2 year old nephew. I think the most oft-used phrased in his vocabulary is, "Let ME do it!" He wants to discover what it is to be HIM.

I've spent so much of my life discovering who God's created me to be and what it is He's placed in my heart to do...I've also spent much time discovering who He is (and let me tell you, knowing Him better ALWAYS helps me know me better!)...

So here's to the great adventure that awaits YOU today! Discover...a new park bench...a new favorite sandwich...a new friend...

No comments: