Saturday, September 29, 2007

fully alive

i'm sitting in Fort Worth, Texas at my cousin's house...they're grillin' steaks for dinner outside. i got to have a conversation with my favorite person in the world last night and more with some of my favorite today. the weather's been amazing...as i sat through my lil' cousin's baseball game this morning, with the wind blowing oh-so-gently and the sun barely peaking through the fluffiness...it seems all the good things in life can be assessed in these moments. i'm surrounded by good people and good food and good weather and good health and good...just good times.

recently, it seems that everything i've ever wanted has been dropped in my lap. yet even amidst the amazing goodness that my Father is showering down upon me, the one desire of my heart remains constant: to sit with Him.

all the amazing moments in the world mean nothing compared with those times with Him.

so as i start to make some pretty 'life-changin' decisions in the next few weeks, i'm confident that the one thing that i NEED in life will remain. and that one thing, at risk of sounding repetitive, is Him. amidst the sorrowful moments, He seems to grow sweeter...and now amidst the milk-n-honey, He makes my heart constantly sing in a song of gratefullness...my soul has been awakened by the One who can trully love...

OH! how i love Him...awaken my heart even more to sing of You...and then i am fully alive...

living,

annetta

No comments: