Thursday, March 19, 2009

BATHROOMTRIPATNIGHT Stage

Practically all of my life I have had an overactive nocturnal bladder. I know, I know, "TMI" you say. But seriously, I think every night of my life has found me getting up to go to the bathroom at 2 or 3 in the morning. This is so very annoying. Leaving a comfortable, warm bed is never fun. Although knowing I have a few hours left to sleep always makes it better. Anywho...

The POINT is, for my whole life I've had to walk to the bathroom in the dark. When a child, this freaked me out. I thought every shadow was a boogey man ready to suck my blood. I'd also trip over things or get disoriented over my surroundings. As I've grown older, no matter where I wake up, I seem to have developed a heightened alertness in these bewitching hours. I immediately know where I am, which direction to walk, and sometimes make my bathroom trip without ever really waking up!

Currently, life has me in a "bathroomtripatnight" stage. I'm walking in the dark. The nutty thing is, I've been walking in the dark, in faith, for so long, that I'm not falling as much. Practicing this faith walk this past year, following Him through heartbreak, moving, relocating friends, new jobs, etc., I'm starting to get into the rhythm. And when the most recent upset came about (lost my job today!), I felt like I didn't miss a beat.

Please don't hear me saying I'm amazing...hear me saying, HE's amazing. His patience (He took several years for me to get this one!) in teaching me in a kind and gracious manner has left me specchless.

No comments: